- Heep Hong Society complies with Chapter 486 - the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong.
- Personal data are collected for a lawful purpose directly related to a function or activity of Heep Hong Society.
- The data collected are adequate but not excessive in relation to that purpose.
- Personal data shall not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data are or are to be used.
- Your personal data shall not, without your prescribed consent, be used for any purposes other than the purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection; or purposes directly related to that purpose.
- You shall be explicitly informed of the classes of persons to whom your data may be transferred.
- All practicable steps shall be taken to ensure that your personal data (including data in a form in which access to or processing of the data is not practicable) held by us are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
- You shall be entitled to request access to personal data in a reasonable manner; and request the correction of personal data.
This Policy only covers Heep Hong Society’s SLP Website (http://slp.heephong.org) and is not applicable to its individual service units.
The Data Collected via This Website
- Personal information
Personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth (where appropriate), etc, is collected only in connection with specific activities, such as the promotion of courses and activities, research, survey, emails, newsletter subscriptions, and etc. You don't have to disclose any of this information if you do not wish to. And if at any time you do not wish to receive such information again, please email or write to us.
- Browse Record
Heep Hong Society collects data such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, etc. This information doesn't tell us anything about who you are or where you live; it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal information submitted through the forms on this site is held only in our databases in Hong Kong. We promise that Heep Hong Society will not share the information you give to us on this website with any other organization unless you have specifically given us permission to do so.
When you look at this web site our service provider makes a record of your visit. This shows your Domain Name Server address and the pages you have visited. The service provider only discloses to us aggregate information about the number and types of visitors. This information will be used by us only for preparing statistics.
When you browse this web site, cookies will be stored in your computer's hard drive. The purpose of using cookies is for internal navigations / programming only. We will not collect any personal data from you under this circumstance. You have a choice not to accept the cookies, but if you do, certain functionality may not be available.
Information from Minors
If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parent's or guardian's permission before you send any information about yourself (your name, address, email address, etc.) to us or anyone else over the Internet. We encourage parents to get involved with their children's usage of the internet and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
This site contains links to other sites. Heep Hong Society is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such Web sites.
Rights to Access and Correct Personal Information
At any time, you can ask us for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you or request a correction or deletion of information in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Please write to Data Privacy Officer, Heep Hong Society, G1, Tung Yu House, Tai Hang Tung Estate, Kowloon, by fax (852)27761837 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org